nnovation Commercialization provides the custom rapid resources necessary to discover new business growth opportunities and to develop and execute an innovation pipeline for sustainable commercial success. Typical consulting engagements focus in the following areas:
INNOVATION PROCESS DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
- This type of engagement delivers a proven, results-oriented rapid innovation process that is aligned to the company's business vision and culture. The process is founded on a detailed alignment diagnostic stage that defines the company's business growth vision and existing new product development culture. An important aspect of this diagnostic stage is a frank assessment of the company's current New Product Development (NPD) process and its bottlenecks. This in-depth diagnostic results in a customized design reflecting the company's innovation needs and NorthStar's extensive new product development experience.
- A key differentiating aspect of the NorthStar approach is our pilot or beta-test phase. In this phase, we implement the new business proposition within a real market laboratory to validate alignment and to build internal adoption. A major benefit of the pilot approach is a yield of rapid innovation opportunities in addition to the proof of design.
- The final step is the roll-out and full implementation of the proven process. As an important added element to successful full implementation and the development of a robust pipeline, NorthStar provides on-going "service bureau" support to all members of the innovation team.
INNOVATION PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT
- This is the core of our Innovation Commercialization practice area. This type of engagement delivers a robust multi-generational pipeline of consumer-insight driven, practical technologies founded on an accompanying long-term strategic growth plan.
- Key to the breadth and rapid commercial quality of the innovation pipeline is NorthStar's skill in building innovation strategic pathways and our method of discovering practical technological solutions for precise innovation, called Intelligent SearchTM.
- NorthStar builds innovation strategic pathways through immersion and connection: immersion in user behavior and attitude dynamics mined for disruptive insights; and connection in the way our multi-disciplined team connects user, channel, science/technology, competition, and market drivers to form pathways of long-term advantage.
- Intelligent SearchTM is NorthStar's superior method of discovery. Our team brings a informed lens to the broadest possible spectrum of available contemporary data and intellectual property sources, and has established a network of relationships with global technology centers and individual technology entrepreneurs which provides upstream visibility to emerging science.
RAPID INNOVATION COMMERCIALIZATION
- This type of engagement relies on NorthStar to help accelerate the commercialization of the identified pipeline. NorthStar rapid support is focused in your key areas: technology completion, product concept optimization, pre-launch model reconnaissance, and launch optimization.
- Typical technology completion activity includes the rapid reduction, refinement, and resolution of identified science/technology options so as to quickly settle on the ideal achievement of optimal benefit delivery, claims substantiation, and investment/risk/ROI integrity. In addition, NorthStar can assist in the complex process of transitioning from product concept to a detailed, feasible, prototype formulation.
- NorthStar has extensive experience in concept creation and optimization. A key differentiating aspect to our innovation competency is our ability to quickly articulate and refine innovation opportunities, transforming them into compelling commercial product concepts.
- Pre-launch reconnaissance is the upstream evaluation of downstream commercial realities. In this area, NorthStar leverages its channel sales and marketing experience to develop a "20/20 foresight" view of the market environment. This disciplined approach identifies the risks and opportunities, and resultant actions and investments required to achieve better commercial success earlier in the development path.
- Launch optimization is our ability to accelerate channel sell-in and provide on-going business-building services. NorthStar is accomplished in developing the strategic selling proposition and customer specific presentations, assisting the selling organization in the product launch. Our capabilities extend to ongoing category and marketing management functions including: portfolio optimization; promotion planning; and post launch analyses.