Business Representation provides emerging technology companies with access to larger commercial entities that can maximize a technology or specific product opportunities. Our unique ability to align the technology/product with a compelling value proposition for each target alliance company creates the momentum to forge successful strategic partnerships.
NorthStar has developed the PathfinderTM process to help clients navigate the complex business transaction pathway. The Pathfinder process includes four core phases of engagement:
This initial phase provides a comprehensive assessment of segment and channel commercial options available to achieve our client's business objectives. This assessment often results in dramatically expanded opportunities and/or adaptations of the core technology/product that provide access to new value propositions and commercial opportunities. Specific components of the Landscape Assessment include:
- Market/channel overview and macro trends;
- Target partner identification/prioritization;
- Value proposition ideation and assessment;
- Pro forma business modeling targeted to alternative value proposition platforms;
- Assessment of technology/patent portfolio strength and application;
- Research based validation of core business model elements and value proposition;
- Creation of the information memorandum.
This phase initiates the solicitation process, providing customized value propositions for each target company defined in the Landscape Assessment phase. During this phase NorthStar will work closely with target companies to ensure effective translation of the business value proposition and volumetric modeling. Specific components include:
- Initial solicitation of interest;
- Execution of confidentiality agreements;
- Ad hoc consulting with target companies to fine-tune value proposition fit within specific division or brand parameters;
COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE DEFINITION
This phase provides the bridge between interest and commitment. NSP will work closely with all parties to ensure the evaluation and due diligence process proceeds on a timely basis, mutually defined for each target company.
This step often requires close integration within internal product development processes. Depending on the level of complexity this process might span from 2-3 months to over 2-3 years. Specific components of this phase include:
- Creation of the external data room and information requirements;
- Ad hoc consulting with both parties to identify and resolve roadblocks;
- Evaluation of business relationship alternatives and proposed terms;
- Provide relationship management between parties throughout the negotiation process.
This phase concludes with the execution of signed agreement/contracts between all parties. During this phase NSP will provide consulting services to facilitate integration activities as requested. NSP is often requested to work with the new business partner to assist in channel/category management positioning associated with launch activities.