Business Model Optimization provides the strategic foundation for harnessing growth. Typical consulting assignments focus in the following areas:
BUSINESS ROADMAP FOR GROWTH
- This type of engagement delivers the detailed plan for growth founded on a 360º market and business diagnostic supporting the economic argument for change and the business vision. This reality-based assessment leads to the creation of the optimized business model and detailed growth roadmap.
- NorthStar's Market Fusion ModelTM Xfuses the practical realities of marketplace execution into the early stages of new model creation and design. Our intimate familiarity with real market execution results in faster and more sustainable business results.
- A critical success component of the business roadmap is NorthStar's role in the rapid implementation of the growth plan, including virtual prototyping and pilot model execution. This emphasis on implementation ensures more rapid realization of planned growth.
- This activity defines how a brand can stretch to deliver growth through enhanced positioning and/or segment extensions. NorthStar leverages it's creative thinking and problem solving capabilities with a deep understanding of consumer/customer need states and the strength of the brand's equity to define growth solutions.
- A key component of the typical NorthStar Brand Regeneration project is a Brand Stretch Assessment. This provides a strategic framework of empirically sound principles and guidelines that help define the pathways for brand re-growth. These pathways are areas of growth exploration that include new target users, new claim structures and usage occasions, new brand performance enhancements, and new paths to market.
- NorthStar recognizes that successfully harnessing growth is strongly correlated with the organization's ability to effectively execute in environments that are rapidly changing. First-to-market advantage is a growth dividend that can only be achieved when the organization is properly aligned to business vision.
- While our Organization Effectiveness engagements vary, our preferred practice is to act as a knowledgeable intermediary and catalyst for organic change within an organization. Our experience is that the most successful improvements in organization competency and effectiveness happen from the inside-out.
- Moreover, NorthStar is a proponent of implementing dynamic organization models that facilitate ongoing adjustments as competitive and business conditions evolve, while reinforcing overall alignment to the long-term business vision and company strategy.
- Typical engagements in this area focus on developing marketing programs and channel leadership solutions that represent competitive advantage for our clients. As the final gate before the consumer/customer executes a brand choice, the channel gatekeepers have significant influence over business demand. NorthStar's approach to channel marketing and development initiatives results in critical support among the gatekeepers, leading to mutual strategic objectives and business growth.
- A key component of NorthStar channel development capability is the execution of direct-to-consumer channels as a virtual test market environment complete with purchaser diary panel diagnostics, or as an initial market roll-out path for borderline or high risk propositions.